If you’re like a lot of residents, you are looking for your home to be secure at all times. but, will a home security system work in Akron?
The simple answer: yes. But you should pick the best system to get the most from your home security. Not only do the sensors and alarms provide wonderful security, the modern equipment offer a level of convenience and management you might not have thought about previously. By using home automation, video surveillance, and access through a mobile app, you can make a secure smart house.
Let's stop for a second and explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great plan for your house.
Essential Home Security Needs
To make sure your Akron home security system works to its potential, you need these necessary home security features:
- Entryway sensors: You could find this weird, but plenty of thieves enter your house through the front door. The other most frequent targets are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these practices, door and window sensors are deemed the base of your security system. When the system is live and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Gone are the hard-to-work code pads, as state-of-the-art touchpads now manage your entire system. These hubs will also manage your smart home components, security cameras, and monitoring services.
- smartphone app: The biggest home security system let you control every part of your house through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you can see an instant text to your mobile device. Also, disarm and arm your alarms remotely, schedule your smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in an ADT sign or a window cling, these can forewarn an aspirational intruder that your property is secure.
Does A Home Security System Keep You More Safe In Akron?
While it may appear like pearl-clutching to get sensors installed and set-up an app on your smartphone when you already have locks and live in a nice neighborhood, the studies say that an alarm system can help protect your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University says that many burglars will actively avoid properties with a security system installed. Instead they’ll look to target a better home that is left unprotected.
That meshes with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized homes do not use a home security system. In other words, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than properties that have an alarm system. And while displaying that your house has a system helps dissuade instructions, other items -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also improve your security.
Of course, modern home security can do much more than sound an alarm. Now you have some advanced components and services that make a security system safe and secure.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup Plan
Does a security system work in Akron when they don’t have 24/7 monitoring? Using a backup plan is always the best bet and round-the-clock monitoring from ADT experts can make certain the police or fire get there quicker after a triggered sensor.
Monitoring agents can protect you no matter what time it is -- whether you are there or not. If you’re don’t hear your system going off, your agent will contact you and the authorities after a tripped alarm event. Even when you’re home, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure family and pets are safe and accounted for.
Use The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you get your home security system, you have the option to cover more than motion detectors. components like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be integrated into your overall set-up. If an emergency is detected, your components will respond just like your home security alarms. And when the high-decibel siren rings, your 24-hour monitoring agents are contacted, and a notification will show up on your mobile device.
Or try a panic button, which is effortlessly pinned to you or a loved one via a neck pendant, bracelet, or a clothing clip. If there is a fall emergency or a medical problem, they can hit a two-finger button to call emergency services.
Add Security, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Modern smart home components bring you a level of management and comfort you’ve never got before. They will make your house more energy-savvy and intelligent. And when you link automation to your security system, they will also make your property more secure. For instance:
- Program your smart lights on a daily schedule to make it seem like your home is inhabited when you’re gone.
- Have your indoor smart bulbs turn on whenever a outdoor camera detects suspicious motion.
- Use geolocation to lock your smart locks, turn off your living room lights, and turn down the smart thermostat when you go to work.
- Make customized scenes so you can pre-set your lighting levels, temperature, alarms, and other devices with one touch of a button.
- Or just see the status of all your devices and set your devices with your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through home automation, and you’ll realize how much you will want a modern home security system in Akron. You can even manage your devices with vocal commands when you connect your home security to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Maintain An Eye On Your Home With Wireless Cameras
Yard signs and proper lighting are wonderful home invasion disincentives, but smart cameras may take your security to a better place. The last thing a burglar wants is to be seen on a security camera as the clip might be used against them in a criminal case. You can choose from outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to investigate the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you like to say hi to the kids after school? Has the package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you have to do is to get the feed from your mobile app. You may also allow notifications on your mobile device whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or the camera sense unusual motion. Then talk with guests with the two-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Get A Security System In Akron?
Want help to create a security system that works in Akron? Our home security agents will custom-build the best alarms, automation, and cameras that can be bundled into one affordable package. Call today at (330) 355-9089 or send in the form below.