How Can Geofencing In Akron Work With Home Security?
Modern home security options are becoming more advanced by the day. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to perform easy security chores like turning on your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you never had to worry about these chores ever again? When you implement geofencing in Akron, you can simply drive off to work and let your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Akron For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your residence, which you can arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then tracks your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices utilize to communicate with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all devices onto the same network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, when you leave your premises, you may set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Akron. With the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Make your lighting turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or program the system for movie night with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Akron
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our representatives today at (330) 355-9089 or send in the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.