Security cameras can simply be installed as a deterrent—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras are outfitted with a plethora of tools all built to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these features help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Akron.
How To Set Up Your Akron Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your security cameras at the perfect points around your home is the right place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in frequented areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to set a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, and patio, shed, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that are less imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity can reduce your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the most from home security cameras in Akron. The innovations described below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your phone the instant abnormal activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to start filming when movements are detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to record and save clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to people via the camera. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more complete look at an area. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the opportunity to guard specific spots within your home.. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and ignore traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Akron is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (330) 355-9089 or fill out the form below to begin building your security system today.